Monday, March 31, 2008

The fragility of life

Time really flies, my 4th aunt had passed away peacefully, the wake ended and the cremation took place. I will never forget that night (28/03/08) when the five of us, Mum, Me, Brother, Enli, Li Hong and Bonia (domestic helper) were sitting beside my aunt, holding her icy hands and seeing how the little attempts to clear her airway of phlegm constantly. It was simply heart-wrenching.

My brother came into this room (the hospital staff were nice enough to open this staff room for us to rest) next door to wake me and Li Hong (cousin) up saying 4th aunt is leaving.

Brother: Yi Ma Kuai Bu Xing liao...

Those few words resounded in my empty head till now. At least we were there to accompany the last few moments of my aunt in the mortal world. Looking at the heart-beat measuring machine, aunt's heartbeat went weaker and weaker by the minute, till there wasn't response anymore.

Thank you, 4th aunt, for touching everyone in your life. You will continue to live in our hearts. :)

No comments: