Sunday, January 02, 2011

My Favourite Month of the Year

My Mac cannot connect to my mio router during these few days thus I cannot upload my photos which resulted in the lack of postings. Anyway, Merry Christmas (uber late) and Happy New Year! We went to Stef's house for stone cooking! Royston and I kinda got lost while on the way to her home. We missed the bus stop and went all the way to CJC. Finally alighted at the right bus stop after boarding the bus from the opposite side.It was fun and I got to play with her unresponsive meow meow.

IMG_0355
Stef had us try her mushroom soup. It was too watery! Nonetheless, it was a good attempt! You can hardly find any girls who can cook nowadays.

IMG_0354
Getting started!

IMG_0357
Copying the korean style by wrapping the meat in some crunchy veggie. It tasted good! Even better with the sour chilli that my mom made. :D~

IMG_0356
The prawns were damn nice. We decided to deshell the prawns before putting it on the stone for convenience. We were all quite afraid of the sausages because the water that was inside the bubble between 2 connecting sausages kept threatening to explode and spill its hot content at us. :O

IMG_0358
More prawns!

2
Bloated souls.

Left her abode after eating for 3hrs! Super full and decided to cab home. :x

`
I watched Tron Legacy with my sec sch buddies at Cathay on Christmas's Eve. Had a super filling dinner at Aston as usual.

Tron legacy
Overall it was rather nice but the ending was weird though. How could a virtual girl turn into human?

`
My army buddies and I spent boxing day at Tian shuo's house! Lesser people turned up every year. Some didn't reply on facebook!
1

`
My initial plan for New Year's Eve was to get Kiat and I to be at Kong's house to play with the kitten and catch up but Kong can't as he had agreed to go Universal Studios with Kelvin for the celebration. Kelvin had complimentary tickets (via ballot) while I had to search high and low for a pair of tickets to go with Hong qi. I paid $35 per person for the ticket. -.-" After the entire event, it was good! I'm glad I paid (Hq too) for the ticket because it was such a blast! Much better than squeezing with throngs of people at the Marina Bay which was a complete bummer. Not only can we watch fireworks (albeit a toned down version as compared to the magnificent display at Marina Bay), we get to watch it with a satisfied tummy! The "free" ticket each had a complimentary meal and we chose to eat fried chicken at Goldilocks, which was done just right! Not too cold and not too hot. :)

IMG_8014
My meal! My first time in years eating corn outside home. Gets stuck in my teeth often but it didn't this time round. Wouldn't want to get spotted with leftover corn plastered on my teeth!

IMG_8013
Wait a minute, I thought Goldilocks dealt with porridge? Unhealthy Goldilocks. Who cares. Haha.

IMG_8006
A mini roller coaster ride! The banner of GingerBread man damn cute. Haha. This is my first time riding a roller coaster in Singapore in years. We never thought they include rides like this in the package! We were screaming because we didn't expect to be on a roller coaster. It was like... You walk into a classroom, expecting to have lessons but you found everyone swimming in a mobile pool. Ok, lame analogy.

IMG_8009
Some cute castle where we watched Shrek 4D! It was a good ride! :D

DSC01891
With Charlie Chaplin! I am trying to mime but failed terribly.

DSC01889
With Sexy Betty Boop! I was trying to copy her pose but Hong qi couldn't do that in time. Haha.

The fireworks was good! We were so near till I had some unknown firework dust in my eye. I would go every year for the celebration if I can! It was an enjoyable process, totally different if I were to be at Marina Bay. Got a lift home by Hq's parents. :D

Happy New Year everyone. Hope the new year will be a good one.

No comments: