Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Allanbakes!

It was supposed to be a quest for marine food (Hooked!, which was located at railmall), but it was not open for business! Damn. I think heaven decided to make it up to us with delicious cheesecakes from Allanbakes! I first heard about it in New Zealand from Kong's friend, Kelvin, who gave a super good review about it. We so happen to pass by Bukit Timah Plaza yesterday (while on our quest) and I had this urge in me to go find that bakery. So off we went! Initially, we couldn't locate the shop but guess who I saw! The owner of the bakery was hastily wiping his hands on his apron (I think he visited the loo) while walking towards the NTUC finest! We followed him and he led us to the right place! :D

IMG_8058
Finally found the place!

IMG_8059
An array of choices.

IMG_8061
Lloyd's strawberry cheesecake with crunchy bottom! ($5.50)

IMG_8062
My blackberry cheesecake w/o crunchy bottom! ($7.50)

IMG_8064
Stef's chocolate fudge cake! ($4.20)

IMG_8066
Roy's chicken pie!

Conclusion: The cheesecakes were really nice! Smooth and velvety. Why is blackberry the same colour as blueberry when they are baked?

IMG_8069
Lloyd was about to buy eclair but Mr Allan (the owner of the bakery) refused payment and treated us! O_O Freakin' nice guy.

Just as we were about to leave, Mr Allan rushed out with his tray with hot piping cookies for us to try! :D

IMG_8070
It was buttery in flavour and very crispy! Being a baker myself, I know its super heaty to eat freshly baked stuffs. But nonetheless, it was really tasty! :D~

Mr Allan was quite humourous when he told us to blog about it! Free advert! I know he won't know the existence of this blog, but here it is! For the friendly baker!

After the cheesecakes, we proceeded to Hooked! to find that it was closed. So after our pathetic dinner (Ah Mei cafe and 24Eat), we decided to treat ourselves to drinks at Harry's.

IMG_8075
My Harry's Berllini. Peaches and a cherry inside.

IMG_8077
Roy's Jungle Juice, which has a unique aftertaste.

IMG_8074
Stef's Dirty Harry.

IMG_8076
Lloyd's drink, which I had forgotten the name. :X

All the drinks cost 15 dollars nett!

Till then! Time for dinner.

No comments: