Monday, December 20, 2010

Irodori

I sold my limegreen gameboy colour and wario 3 a couple of days ago to a pair of girls who arrived below my house in a cab for $60. The gameboy was my birthday present when I turned 12 and it had been with me for a decade and its still working! I'm such a good owner heh. I pondered for a while whether I should sell it but I have had no use for it and I believe it will be better off being cherished (I hope) by a new owner.

IMG_0337
Farewell! Hope you get treated well.

`
Met up with Lloyd and xy as they wanted to "walk" in town. When I entered 313, it was crowded and guessed what I saw. Shaca carolling! The familiar faces I saw were only Kok yong and Li ke. We went to lan in the cafe where Tian is working at. I was sitting near this kid who was screaming at the top of his voice while playing counterstrike. Damn dulan sia. Anyway we decided to go check out Irodori Japanese Restaurant which was located in River view Hotel at Havelock Road. It was quite a long walk from Clarke Quay mrt station.

IMG_0352
We finally reached the restaurant.

IMG_0338
Appetizer.

IMG_0341
Sashimi! There were salmon, tuna, maguro, yellow tail and octopus! They were all very fresh. I think this is one of the best sashimi on freeflow for a buffet.

IMG_0342
Complimentary BBQ prawns. It tasted creamy.

IMG_0343
Our 2nd plate of sashimi!

IMG_0347
My small bowl of udon.

IMG_0345
Xy's small curry don. Had to take it with my hand to show the relative difference in size.

IMG_0344
Shishamo which tasted cold and dull. lol. I generally do not like eating food items as a whole, like baby octopus for example.

IMG_0350
Our 3rd plate of sashimi which only consisted of salmon.

IMG_0351
Our 4th plate of sashimi.

The nett cost of the buffet was $38.80 per person. I think it was quite worth it for me. Xy didn't really eat a lot of sashimi except salmon so I felt it wasn't that good of an experience for him. The restaurant could have done a little better on the desserts section. There weren't any desserts to choose from! >: (

IMG_0353
When we were walking back to the mrt station, we came across a bunch of people flying motor controlled LED kite in the sky. Quite a peaceful sight.

`
Time really flies! Tomorrow is Judgement day. Hope I do well. :(

No comments: