Monday, August 11, 2008

Centre of the Earth, anyone?

Went for my vocal lesson as usual. Finally we graduated from beginner's and now we're in intermediate. So now we are focusing on falsettoes and stuffs. Yup, my falsettoes not very strong and now we're practising using falsettoes on low keys. My weakest point: sudden transition from a higher low key to a super low key falsettoes. Sometimes will go off key which is damn irritating. Must practise more!

Met up with Kong to go shop around. Been ages since I've spent a single cent on an apparel after burning a hole in my bank account on my mac. Not saying I'm loaded now, but can at least spend a little. Bought a 3/4 (1/2 actually) pants (vahnbeo keeps harping on the fact that I always wear that same white 3/4 pants which is kinda like a housefly that you want to zap with the trusty zapper, kidding.), a long sleeve t-shirt and a pair of slippers. Convinced Kong to eat at Seah Im food centre which is just a stone's throw away from Vivo.

Photobucket
Kong and his ban mian. I realised something quite long ago, and I think Kong also agrees that you can never go wrong eating ban mian outside cos ban mian tastes generally the same everywhere, unless you are really unlucky to get a lousy cook who screws up the most simple dish to prepare-ban mian. One perfect example is the ban mian stall at Ten Mile Junction (who goes there anyway, except aunties going to Sheng Siong to purchase groceries?!?!) which is really.... really kanasai.

Photobucket
The prawn noodle is fine except the pieces of squid which were not chewy at all.

We went to watch "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"! I was telling Kong I like to watch trashy but exciting shows like the one above, where you can just sit back and relax and take in everything the movie narrates to you. Wait! That doesn't mean I'm brainless. But I think watching a movie is supposed to make you feel more relaxed, not one that is so intellectually stimulating like "The Constantine", which ended up me asking more questions to my friends than a comprehension test can ask you.

Photobucket
Some parts of the movie are kinda impossible to achieve, but nevertheless, it was no doubt funny and an exciting movie. No point rating this movie cause to me, it's like a roller coaster ride. :)

Off to sleep! Nite everyone. :D

No comments: