Sunday, August 24, 2008

21 in 206

Having completed the Army Half Marathon (21km) this morning, I felt glad yet kinda disappointed at the same time. Finishing this marathon was the reason why I felt glad as this was the longest distance I've ever ran. While I felt disappointed because of my timing! 2hr and 6minutes isn't very glorifying at all and I thought I could complete it within 2hrs.

Basically I ran throughout the marathon alone because my pace was rather slow. Haha... I ate the powergel at the 20km mark, after which I tried to sprint towards the ending point. Sadly, the moment I gained speed, my left calf threatened to go into a severe cramp, something which I experienced a few years ago when I was swimming vigorously when I had that same cramp in the middle of the pool. That was terrible and I had to calm myself down and waddle to the poolside. Back to the run, I slowed down to my starting pace. Lol.

And you know what?! An auntie ran at the same pace as me! Never underestimate them! They are well-trained from:
1: Rushing from one mrt train to the one heading to CCK at Jurong East so that they can get the best seats.
2: Rushing for the best bargains and discounts such that they are well-versed in the arts of elbowing people.

Nah, just kidding abt the elbowing part. The runners are all good-mannered.

Nevertheless, I'm still more glad than disappointed though. :) My knees hurt immensely due to the rather long journey and I think I will let it rest a while more. No running for a few days.

No comments: