Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Welcome to the Rat Year!

I am having difficulty in getting the photos from Bing Qin, so I grabbed the photos from her blog cos if not, I would only be possible to blog this weekend, which is a lil too late i think.

Met up with Ying Siew and Bao xin at CCK mrt which we then proceeded to the Settler's Cafe at the outskirts of Holland Village. Damn ulu can.. lol. Bing Qin mentioned this was the last resort as the Clarke Quay outlet was fully booked.
Photobucket
From left: Bing Qin, Ying Siew, Shan Shan, Me, Kok Weng, Bao Xin and Da Tou(Yes! Someone replaced me as Da Tou :x )

We played lots of games but I think we enjoyed Taboo the most. LOL. There was this word, "Onions", that Ying Siew and Bao Xin had to guess while Kok Weng (Same team) had to do something to help them guess but he can't say some words, for example, "ring".

Kok Weng: *does a cutting action + "tock tock tock" sound and den weeped*

Ying Siew didn't see the cutting action and guessed "Funeral". Damn funny can.

Then there was this word, "Orbit", which Kok Weng had to make his teammates guess again. Can't use the word "Planet". I suddenly thought of some wierd ideas and helped him although I am the opposing team.

Me: *telling Bao Xin* You wear old-fashioned clothes. You are?!?!?!?
Ying Siew: Or-biang!!!
Me: Nono! Another word for it!!!
Ying Siew and Bao xin: Or-bit!!!

YAY!!! And that was how we spent our New Year's Eve laughing and screaming like a banshee. Each person $10 nia. Got food + free flow drink + 4hrs of gameplay. Cheaper than Minds Cafe. :D

We proceeded to Holland V for dinner...
Crystal Jade!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Happy people.

After that, we went to Crystal Jade La mian cos Ying Siew had a sudden craving for Xiao Long Baos. Eat a lot eh!
Photobucket
Quite affordable at $4.50 for 5.

Photobucket
I shared Zha Jiang Mian with Kok Weng as we weren't really full just now at Crystal Jade.

We went to Marina Square to see the fireworks as usual.

Cam whore freaks. :D
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some fucking immature teens have to spray confetti at us which I had to flash my middle finger and unleash my vulgarities at her(yes i did that, and I'm glad I did) for which the bunch of teens walked away immediately. Fuck you can, New Year doesn't mean you can get high and do whatever you want. Same goes to the aerosol snow spray people spam at Orchard Road during Christmas. That's why I totally avoid town during festive seasons.

Photobucket
Ugly side of Singaporeans. Clean and green city? Bullshit. It's because of the cleanup by the janitors.

Oh yah, While I was peeing, there were 2 malay friends vying competitively for one cubicle. After much pushing and shoving, both of them went in and locked the door. Dubious. -.-

I suddenly remembered I came across this article featured in The Sunday Times a few months ago about foreign workers hanging out at Jurong West HDB area with beverages and food. I vividly remembered what one of them said when interviewed.

Interviewee: I helped to build HDB flats of this area. Now I can't even come here to relax and enjoy with my friends?

WTF?! Sorry my friend, not if you are intruding the privacy of the people living here. So if I help to build the bank next time, I can have unlimited access to the money issit?

Sorry a bit random. LOL. Okay, I would like to wish all people I know a ECSTATIC AND PROSPEROUS 2008! Hope you achieve your wishes set for the year and I know I did for 2007, therefore, SO CAN YOU! :D

No comments: