Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ORD LO!

As the title suggests, I have finally completed my National Service and is now a free-man! It feels like I've just been exonerated. Okay, this sounds a bit on the extreme end. Wearing the smartest no.4 on my last day was the "stupid-est" decision I made because I have not washed it for a year since I wore it in Nov'07 for our first RSM parade. I felt damn itchy and hot for the entire day! Not forgetting the fact that we still need to collect more signatures for our clearance form by travelling around the camp.

conclusion:Never wear clothes that you have not washed for a year (or more). Sounds stupid rite, who would do it anyway.

No more:
1) Freaking cold showers in the night. (Can I make the appeal that making water heaters available is a basic necessity? :) )
2) Food that I find distasteful. Some people find the food asthetically pleasing and tastes marvelous. Right vahnbeo?
3) Bad-tempered SFI (Singapore Food Industries) uncles. Aunties are generally okay except for one! You guys should be able to guess who I am referring to. Haha. I think even the uncles "look" at ranks.
4) Short hair. I look ugly with long hair but I am annoyed by people who keep touching my head in a bid to show my hair is long.
5) Sleeping at the designated hour! (The nite is still young! I can last thru'!)
6) Exercise at the stipulated days of the week. I think this will make me grow fat but I dislike the regimentation involved even in exercising. Come on! Give us a break.
7) Sai-kangs/"arrows"/duties of all sorts.

I did not disclose anything I'm not supposed to and hence you can see I've used words like,"designated" and "stipulated". I'm so "kiasu" rite.

Now for the good points...
1) Cold showers does not pose a threat to me anymore. :)
2) I can survive through famine even in times of crisis where food are scarce and the food that is available tastes uncanny and weird.
3) I have learnt how to deal with people with a bad-temper. Oh really? Piss them off further. :)
4) To maintain my crop of hair so that I look presentable to the people around me.
5) My body can sleep late or early if I command it to. Isn't it wonderful?
6) Exercising with regimentation increases team spirit and trains your breath.
7) I have learnt to be optimistic even in times of crisis.

Honestly speaking, I love the camaraderie and team spirit when our company work together towards a certain goal. It just makes me feel that the effort we've put in is worthwhile afterall. Moreover, you get to know people of various backgrounds and learn how to work with each of them. Not only that, our superiors are understanding and does not give unreasonable tasks. I must say, it has really been an enjoyable time for me in 8 Signal Bn.

Now! A picture of me with my prized pinky.
Photobucket
You can see my bob-hairstyle clearly in the pic. Haha.

Off to bed I shall. Good nite butties. :D

No comments: